Saturday, February 6, 2010

Space Marines???

One of my wife's friends is interested in gaming and popped by today to try his hand at painting. We managed to knock off six Space Marines (thank Chen!) this afternoon.

I think he did a pretty good job for his first time!

We also knocked off an Armourfast Sherman in about 4 minutes.

I also continued my rebasing of my AWI fellows. I've completed 30 bases of regular British units, with only the cannon, cavalry and Indians left.

Then onto the Americans (who are just now coming off their bases).

One type of unit I haven't shown before are the five British Loyalist regiments I did.

These fellows are quite nice and painting green was a pleasant change from red!

Up next: More rebasing and some more 15mm Saracens are on the paint table.

5 comments:

Scott M said...

What game are you going to use the AWI minis for? Seeing all your Brits lined up is very appealing!

Bob Barnetson said...

I did a Basic Impetus adaptation for the AWI with Bruce (published in February's Miniature Wargames actually).

I'm rebasing to make my MayDay game (Freeman's Farm) look gopd. Will bring it to the club for playtesting in late March.

The 80mm bases also mean double-sized DBA and Clash for a continent (like CCA) are doable.

Broeders said...

Brits look great! Lovely job.

Kevin Barrett said...

Bob,

Really impressive re-basing effort! You're a braver man than I!

Kevin.

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks Kevin. Production-line, it goes pretty fast (that Frederick Taylor was onto something). I finished the rest of the Brits (cannon, cavalry and Indians last night) plus the American militia last night. Pictures will follow. Also found a few odds and sods (some Indians and another base of cannon that I had never painted) so am finishing those up. Looks like i need another "small" order from Peter--should know the extent of it by next week.