Monday, April 25, 2011

Star Wars Rebel Troopers

I managed to complete another big piece of my daughter's Star Wars army: the rebel troopers. These are West End Games 28mm (well, 25mm) figures.

For 25-year-old sculpts, these are okay. Props to the sculptor for putting in two female poses (e.g., front left figure below).

I see that a few Imperial Naval troopers were used to fill out the ranks (the guy on the left in the picture below). I wonder if they were sculpted by a different person and they are quite a bit thicker.

I also converted an Imperial laser cannon to give the rebels some support weapons (I presume this would be an artillery piece in HoTT).

Up next: The garden has distracted me quite a lot. I'm currently painting some 28mm HYW English bow. I also have some Star Wars characters to work on. I see that, a third of the way through the year, I'm at 1000 figures which is half of my annual production target. I may slow the pace a bit in order to get the yard cleaned up and some seeds in the ground.

2 comments:

kingsleypark said...

Bob,

Just to let you know that I have nominated you for the "Stylish Blogger Award"

Your site certainly deserves it!!

Bob Barnetson said...

Thank you. Is it the rocking picture of me and my big belly on the upper right corner that put me over the top? :)