Sunday, December 2, 2012

WIP 28mm stockyards

I'll be offline for a few days but wanted to post up a work in progress. This is an abandoned stockyard that will appear in the warehouse district of Gotham. This is an older Walther HO train kit but will do just fine for 28mm figures.


The kit (below) includes two small stockyards or one big one (depending on how you build it). I chose to build two smaller stock yards (more flexible) that can be jammed together if necessary. There was also a leftover shed and loading shoot and (with some card) enough to make a couple of corrugated steel fences.

This was a fairly fiddly kit with lots of look-alike pieces. The first one took me about an hour and a half while the second one took only 45 minutes. I secured some sand to the base using future (what can't that stuff do?) and I will prime and paint when the temperature comes up about 10 degrees outside.


I downloaded Super System 3rd Edition last week and I'm keen to have enough terrain to pull off a small game soon. I could use a couple of more small buildings and some accessories. I've also built the next 18 15mm cavalry--again, awaiting decent priming weather. And I pulled out some old HO train cars for rolling stock sitting on a siding.

2 comments:

fireymonkeyboy said...

That looks very cool. Can't wait to see it in a game.

Bob Barnetson said...

Me too! Need the weather to cooperate to get the painting under way. Also, winning the lottery would increase my painting time some.