Tuesday, April 30, 2013

1/72 Roman Auxilia

Apologies for the lack of updates. Gardening, cycling and general spring distractions have cut into my painting time. I did managed to finish off 48 Roman Auxilia from Strelets for a CCA army.


A fair chunk of them are spear armed, which are useful. Overall, nice figures although I much prefer the ones with cast-on weapons.


There are also some armed with swords. These are generally pretty good poses, excepting the ones in the backrow of the first photo below.



What I was most struck by while painting these guys is that there could work for early Romano-Brits. Helmets maybe aren't perfect, but the guys in the cloaks would do just fine. I don't think there is a plastic 1/72-scale set for this period so nice to know there is an option.


Up next: Gaming with Bruce tonight, then MayDay on the weekend. I am also working on a terrain commission for Flames of War.

No comments: