Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Epic CCA at EWG

We had 14 players out at the club last night. I didn't follow the Warmachine of the Axis and Allies WW1 game (although there were two new guys, which is nice to see!).


I ran a game of Epic CCA with six players. Could have used two more to truly test out the rules, but i think it went okay nonetheless, with Scott and Dave doing double duty as overall and field commanders. I had to cut a few hexes off the field as the tables weren't quite long enough so I reduced the orbit accordingly.


The Romans and Gauls each won a single game and I think both games were decided in the middle. The Epic game plays faster than the traditional game because so many more units are in motion. It was a bit hard to keep track of what was happening elsewhere.  I don't recall that experience the last time I played (Kevin ran a game a couple of years back, I think).


Up next: Some 1/72-scale Germans are mostly painted and I have some 1/72 heavy Roman cavalry built and primed. After that I'm not sure what I'll be working on although I have quite a collection of donations for the MayDay auction (thanks Kent!) to get sorted out.

1 comment:

Baconfat said...

Never played CCA, looks fun.