Friday, April 11, 2014

Some mounted barbarians

These fellows finish out a box of MiniArt 1/72-scale Germans. This is a nice mix of troops with four light horse that will fit in almost anywhere.


There are also a bunch of medium horse--chainmail tunics and whatnot.


These seem more dated but would work for late Roman or dark ages.


Finally there are some heavier guys. No idea where the fourth one is (perhaps he slide off the paint tray or got left behind on the prep shelf. He'll turn up eventually.


Up next: Some 1/72-scale late Roman heavy cavalry from Mini-Art. These are a bit out of period for me but will be hand to have.

2 comments:

Sean said...

Nice work on this set, I have a few half finished ones kicking around here. The only thing I don't like about miniart is all the flash. Looks like you've been playing a lot of games. I need to figure out how to game more.

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks. Yes, gaming a lot (which is nice). And a huge variety of games. Simpler and fewer rule sets has helped here (I think) as putting on a game is much less work so I do it more often.