Friday, August 7, 2015

1/72-scale artillery for the desert

Over the weekend I finished up a couple of 1/72-scale WW2 models. The first is a Zvezda German 88. This was a very nice model to put together and came with crew.


I decided to paint up up for the desert and Italy.


I built this same kit awhile back and painted it for France 1940 (with a Luftwaffe crew).



I also built an old Airfix kit Jonathan passed my way. This is a British 6 pounder and would have seen service in the late desert campaigns and then in Italy.


The kit was okay to built. I forgot Airfix decal sheets need to be cut apart so then scrounged some decals when the Airfix ones came away as a full sheet.


The crew had some casting problems but were much appreciated anyhow.


Up next: We have club on Thursday (where I will be hosting a Memoir 40 game) and I have some additional 172-stuff underway.

No comments: