Saturday, December 10, 2016

54mm AWI Cavalry

I finally finished off six mounted British troops for my 54mm AWI armies. Have I mentioned how much I dislike painting cavalry! So much surface area.


These were Armies in Plastic figures, from the same boxes I used to make up some American dragoons a few weeks ago. Nice dynamic poses. Only a few spots where production requirements compromised the sculpts.


I've posed these fellows next to a metal All The King's Men officer I painted. The horses match (more or less). The metal horse is a bit shorter and also not as long.


The details on the metal figure are also crisper and deeper. The trade off is the greater price.


Up next: Some Aurelian with Bruce on Tuesday, I think. I'm working my way through some terrain and also a few small projects while waiting for another shipment of troops.

2 comments:

Alan Coughlin said...

Very nice. Oddly enough, one of my Royalist regiments is also painted as the 15th LD with green facings. That unit is from ATKM. Your horses, by the way are spectacular!

Bob Barnetson said...

Thanks Alan--loving your blog!